The ECA and electrical industry web portal Voltimum are hosting a one-hour technical webinar on Earthing, Bonding and the Wiring Regulations on Wednesday 25 July, from 1pm-2pm. Tutors are the ECA's David Thomas and Gary Parker.
About this webinar
The requirements in the 17th edition of the wiring regulations (BS7671) for earthing and bonding have been extended; with the introduction of new terms for protective conductors used to achieve compliance with electrotechnical compatibility of electrical installations.
So what exactly does this wiring regulations requirement for earthing and bonding mean for installers? And how and when should earthing and bonding be installed?
This webinar provides a basic overview of the requirements for earthing and bonding in modern electrical installations that every electrician ought to know and asks:
- What do the wiring regulations actually say about earthing and bonding?
- When should bonding be installed?
- What can be used as a circuit protective conductor?
- What are the proper tests that must be carried out on earthing and bonding?
- How can proper disconnection be achieved for circuits through the design of the circuit?
- Does earthing and bonding really need to be installed when plastic pipes are used in the building?
Participants will be provided with a link to download the presentation slides after attending the webinar.
There are 100 places available on a first come first served registration basis.
Pricing information, full details and registration are via the Voltimum website.