The Joseph Rowntree Foundation has published a report on low carbon housing.
It sets out the findings from a low carbon housing trial at Elm Tree Mews in York, and discusses the technical and policy issues encountered during the trial.
- evaluates the energy/ carbon performance of the dwellings prior to occupation and in use;
- analyses the procurement, design and construction processes that give rise to the performance achieved;
- explores the resident experience;
- draws out lessons for the development of zero carbon housing and the implications for government policy; and
- proposes a programme for change, designed to close the performance gap.
To download and view either the summary report or full report, please visit the Joseph Rowntree Foundation website.