ECA set for major presence at top industry event
Trade association to host a series of seminars during the ED&I Expo
04 July 2017
A series of informative and engaging seminars from the ECA have been confirmed for this September’s industry-leading Electrical Design & Install (ED&I) Expo. The ECA’s seminar programme, which aims to highlight regulatory challenges and commercial opportunities, is as follows:
Wednesday 6 September
- 10.00 – 10.30am – Challenging risk assessments
- 10.45 – 11.15am – Electrical safety and #RogueInstalls
- 11.30am – 12.30pm – The 18th edition prophecy – Wiring Regulations update (panel debate)
- 3.45 – 4.15pm – Emergency lighting – Don’t be left in the dark
Thursday 7 September
- 10.00 – 10.30am – Practical CDM for contractors
- 12.15 – 1.15pm – Keeping on the right side of health and safety law (panel debate)
- 1.30 – 2pm – New fire alarm standards
- 4.30 – 5pm – Growing, improving and protecting your business
ECA Head of Technical Steve Martin commented:
“The ECA is delighted to be hosting such a comprehensive range of CPD-accredited seminars during this year’s ED&I Expo, which promises to be the highlight of the electrotechnical calendar.
“I would urge forward-thinking contractors to attend to find out more about new industry standards, such as the Wiring Regulations, which will bring about additional commercial opportunities.”
ED&I Expo Director David Kitchener added:
“A vital part of any national trade show is the provision of world class learning experiences for industry stakeholders. With the help of the ECA, the ED&I Expo is set to deliver just that, with a varied programme covering the key topics and challenges faced by the industry.”
The ECA recently signed a deal with the CPD Certification Service, meaning that all those who attend ECA events, including ED&I, will receive CPD points.
The ED&I Expo is the leading event on the electrotechnical industry calendar, bringing everyone involved in the installation, design, specification, inspection, manufacturing and distribution of electrical products together under one roof.
The event is being held at the NEC in Birmingham on 6-7 September this year. For more details on the seminar programme, or to confirm your place, please visit http://edandiexpo.com/seminars/.