If you can demonstrate that your business is currently registered with one of the certification bodies listed below, you are invited to join the ECA under its 'Deemed to Satisfy' scheme. Just let your Regional Manager know when you apply.
- ELECSA, operated by Certsure LLP
- NICEIC, operated by Certsure LLP
- Scottish Electrical Contractors' Association (SELECT)
- National Security Inspectorate (NSI) – Fire & Security schemes
- Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB) – Fire & Security schemes
- British Standards Institution (BSI)
- BRE – Fire scheme
- European Telecommunication Services Association (ETSA)
For a complete list of the recognised schemes, please download this document.
When you have successfully completed the application process, you will receive an ECA Technical Standards Certificate, confirming that your business has met our requirements. We will then conduct annual checks to ensure you have maintained your technical competence through the third party.
We will notify you if we are unable to verify your registration/ membership via a third party scheme.
The ECA also operates its own Membership Certification Scheme. If you join the ECA under the 'Deemed to Satisfy' scheme, you are invited to join ECA Scheme when your next technical assessment falls due. If you would like to join the ECA Scheme, please contact your local Regional Manager.
The benchmark used by the Association for demonstrating competence is the Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS) maintained and published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).