ECA Registered Members are entitled to free membership of the Joint Industry Board (JIB) for the electrical contracting industry. The benefits of joining the JIB complement the services provided by the ECA and help you to protect your most valuable asset, your employees.
The JIB is jointly owned by ECA and the union Unite. Its objectives are to provide a forum for debate and agreement on employment matters, as well as offering employers practical support in dealing professionally with employees and employment requirements.
JIB membership supports employers in six key areas:
- Employment standards, including nationally negotiated and recognised terms and conditions of employment.
- Skills standards, including nationally recognised training courses, an apprenticeship scheme and benefits.
- The Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) card scheme, including participation in the ECS and JIB grading schemes as proof of professionalism and competence.
- Health and safety standards, including improved health and safety performance, guidance on best practice and free health and safety advice.
- Welfare standards, including comprehensive medical and health cover and death benefits, health assessments and advice, holiday scheme with savings on NI contributions.
- Commercial standards, including provision of benchmarks for industry tendering, supporting stable and harmonious industrial relations and a badge of professionalism and competence.
More information on joining the JIB is available from the JIB website and from the ECA employee relations team on 020 7313 4852.
Find out more about the employee benefits available to all Registered Members here.