In addition to expert technical advice and guidance, we also offer a comprehensive range of services to support your business and help it grow, including:
Commercial, contracts and legal services:
- Online and over-the-phone advice on loan labour agreements, tender pre-qualification, conditions of contract, payment issues and CDM Regulations.
- Discounted adjudication service, with substantially lower fees than a commercial service.
- Consultant referral service, giving you access to professionals who can advise, compile and negotiate claims and help you prepare for adjudication or submit a contractual claim.
- Online access to Down to Earth, a ‘survival guide’ for contractors trading in difficult times, covering topics such as tendering, running contracts, surveying and contract management.
- ECA Debt Recovery Service offering discounted advice on issuing proceedings, the court process, judgement and enforcement, as well as a free ‘Letter before Action’.
- ECA Credit Rating Facility giving discounted access to Experian Business Information reports to help you establish your customers’ ability to pay.
- Access to a standard contract - the Articles of Loan Labour Agreement - for Registered Members who sometimes lend or borrow labour from other members.
- Mediation service for resolving disputes between other members, with substantially lower fees than a commercial service.
- Competitive rates for Contractual Dispute Legal Costs Cover with specialist provider LIF Ltd.
- Free management systems advice from Ottaway & Associates Ltd, management consultants specialising in the construction and building services industry.
Employee relations services:
- Advice and guidance on negotiating new and existing collective agreements.
- Online and over-the-phone employment advice on recruitment, disciplinary matters, employment law and industrial relations issues.
- Specialist advice and representation in employment tribunal matters via an agreement between the ECA and the Employment Law department of the Engineering Employers’ Federation (EEF).
- Specialist advice on the National Agreement and free representation for Registered Members involved in JIB disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Online access to the Employment Guide, an industry-leading reference manual covering all aspects of employment law.
Environment and health & safety services:
- Online and over-the-phone advice on environmental issues, including waste disposal regulations and updates on energy efficiency and renewable technologies best practice.
- Free HASCOM helpline offering specialist health and safety advice on legislation, reducing risks and meeting industry requirements.
- Full range of ECA, IET and BSI discounted publications.
- Wide range of events and seminars, including regional events, the ECA Annual Dinner and the overseas Electrical Industry Conference.
Find out more about joining the ECA here.